Here at Williams & Hamman Orthodontics, we know that choosing to explore orthodontic treatment is a big decision. It’s something you put a lot of thought and research into, and we’re so excited to work with you towards improving your oral health and achieving a beautiful smile! Your orthodontic journey will begin with a consultation in one of our conveniently located offices. This is one of the most important visits you’ll have with us, and we do our best to keep it as exciting and stress-free as possible. With that in mind, let’s take a closer look at what you can expect from your first orthodontic visit with us!
When you arrive for your appointment
The health of our patients and staff has always been our top priority, now more than ever. In light of the current pandemic, we’ve made some changes to the way our appointments work for the time being.
- We’re screening the whole team daily for elevated temperatures and any signs of illness.
- The entire office will be sanitized each day before patients begin arriving.
- We are asking that patients bring a mask to wear in and out of the office.
- We are also asking that patients brush their teeth and use the restroom before leaving home for their appointment.
- Patients who have been sick recently should reschedule their appointment for at least 14 days after symptoms disappear.
- We are screening patients at the door using a contactless thermometer and health questionnaire. We will also have an updated consent form requiring a signature.
- We are asking patients to wait in the car until we are ready to bring them through.
- We will be opening all the doors for each patient so they won’t need to touch anything but the chair while in the office.
- Patients should enter the office alone. Minors and those requiring assistance may have one adult accompanying them if needed.
- Once the appointment is over, patients will exit from a different door. We will call later to schedule the next appointment.
With your cooperation, these measures will help us keep you, our team, and the families in our community healthy!
When it’s time for your appointment, we’ll go over your medical and dental history, then take some digital photographs of your mouth and teeth. If we feel it will give us a better look into your smile, we may take a few x-rays, too. Following this, you’ll meet Dr. Williams or Dr. Hamman! They will perform a thorough oral examination before going over your photos and x-rays with you. The information obtained from your history, images, and exam gives our doctors what they need to determine if orthodontic treatment is indicated for you. During this first visit, you can expect to spend about an hour with us. This includes your exam and discussing important topics like:
- any questions or concerns you have about your smile
- if treatment is needed immediately or if waiting is the best course of action
- what treatment options would best serve your smile
- an estimate of how long we expect your treatment to take
- the total investment required for your new smile
- any payment or financing options we have available to you
The personalized approach we take and customized treatment plans we create allow us to consistently produce exceptional results.
What comes next?
If treatment is required and you decide on a plan with one of our doctors, we’ll schedule an appointment for you to come in and have your orthodontic appliance fitted or placed. Depending on the type of appliance used, you’ll have follow-up appointments with us every 4-8 weeks or so. During these visits, we’ll monitor the movement of your teeth and adjust your appliance if necessary.
These visits are an essential part of your orthodontic treatment, and it’s in your best interest to not miss any of them. That said, we understand that life sometimes gets in the way of our most careful plans! If you find yourself running late or can’t make your appointment for any reason, we simply ask that you let us know as soon as possible so we can reschedule you for another day. This will help us keep your treatment on track.
Throughout your orthodontic journey, you should continue visiting your regular dentist for checkups and cleanings. If any extra dental care is needed during the treatment process, we’re happy to coordinate care with your dentist.
Investing in a healthier, straighter smile
At Williams & Hamman Orthodontics, we believe every patient should have access to the orthodontic care they need. During your consultation, we will outline all the fees associated with your braces or aligners and ensure you understand each one before we begin treatment. This total cost will vary from case to case, since each smile is unique and every patient will respond to treatment in their own way. We’re proud to provide affordable treatment options for every budget! For your convenience, we also offer flexible payment plans, and accept most major credit cards and insurance plans.
Choose Williams & Hamman Orthodontics for a smile you want to share
You only get one smile—don’t trust it to anything less than a qualified expert! Dr. Williams, Dr. Hamman, and the rest of our talented team have been creating beautiful smiles in Mississippi for over 30 years. It’s our goal to build confident smiles and close relationships with our patients! We’ve worked hard to make our Southaven and Olive Branch locations a warm, welcoming, and safe environment. We want you to feel like you’re family, from your first appointment to your last—and beyond!
If you haven’t already scheduled your complimentary consultation, get in touch today and we’ll be happy to help.